Structum implements a management system that delivers a quality of service aimed at exceeding our client’s expectations, and ensuring all business objectives are achieved. The safety and wellbeing of our employees and visitors as well as our impact on the greater environment are foremost in our thinking.
Environmental Management System
Structum is committed to best practice environmental management in all facets of our business and operating in a manner that is compatible with the long-term sustainability of the ecosystems which we affect. Because of this, environmental management is one of our core organisational objectives and the responsibility of all our employees. We believe that sound environmental performance is a key component of sound business performance, and as such, it represents a value-added benefit to our community.
Our environmental objectives are;
- Create, maintain and continuously improve our Environmental Management System in line with the AS/NZ ISO 14000:2004
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, and company policies
- Manage our operations to avoid or minimise impacts to the ecosystems we depend upon.
- Reduce the quantity and toxicity of materials used and waste generated from our operations through source reduction, reuse, or recycling.
- Consider environmental costs, risks, and impacts when making planning, contracting, purchasing, and operating decisions.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of our environmental management program.
Quality Management System
Structum has adopted the International Standard AS/NZS ISO 9001:2000 to develop the company’s Quality Management System. The necessary systems & procedures have been implemented by Structum to deliver our Project Quality Plan and meet the following key objectives;
- To ensure appropriate industry standards for quality are applied and achieved.
- Endeavour to surpass industry standards at every opportunity.
- To identify and manage quality related risks.
- To document the major Quality Control processes
Work Health and Safety Management System
Structum’s Work Health and Safety Management System is based on principles outlined in the Model Work, Health & Safety Act 2011. Our policy is founded on our belief that the well-being of people employed at or visiting our work, is of utmost importance and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
Our primary concern on our sites is safety. All provisions are in place at all times to ensure a safe working environment for all our staff and workers, clients and the public. Visitors and members of the public shall be given equal priority to that of our workers.
Structum implements sophisticated financial systems across all facets of its business to ensure accuracy of forecasting, maintenance of cash flow, and financial sustainability. Prudent financial and operational management is fundamental to our operation.
Structum uses Buildsoft for the preparation of all cost estimates. A software program widely used by most Quantity Surveyors, it allows us to undertake detailed quantity take-offs, subcontractor analysis and accurate pricing.
The fact that we use the same software as all major Bank Approved Quantity Surveyors, allows us to quickly and accurately transfer information, in a format that is known to them, drastically minimising delays and costs.
Project Cost Management & Forecasting
We uses Jobpac, a project financial system designed to provide effective control over budget, committed, incurred and actual costs in the areas of Sub Contractors, Materials, Labour, Plant and Equipment. This construction industry specific developed software system allows for accurate forecasting and reporting of costs, internal and external variations and progress claims.
At a Global level, all projects as well as office overheads are summarised providing a snapshot of the Business’ cash flow and net position at any point in time. Our internal systems ensure that all costs and income run through this system guaranteeing accurate reporting at all times